They say that moving home is one of the most stressful things you will ever do in your life and it’s easy to see why. You have to pack up your worldly belongings, which will typically evoke many memories, happy and sad. You may have to use a moving company to help you transport all your boxes and you may even need to put certain items into storage. Most people typically don’t realize how many possessions they actually have until they start to pack them up into numerous boxes ready for a move. Well, it just so happens that there is a smartphone app that can make this task a little easier.
The “Moving Planner” app will allow you to quickly and easily plan out every single aspect of your move. The app is already pre-populated with over 200 moving tasks, which are sorted into easy to understand lists. The app provides you with the ability to produce moving lists and then share these via email with perhaps other occupants of your home or a moving company. You may even decide that certain items need to go into storage, so you can use a separate list as an inventory and then email this to the self storage company, thus ensuring that everyone is aware of what items are going to your new property and what is going into storage.
- You have the ability to create your own lists and inventories so you know exactly where certain items are supposed to be.
- You can add to these lists and also edit them at any time you wish.
- Once you have checked items off the list after your move you have the ability to hide these items from your inventory so as to avoid confusion.
- The app provides color coded lists, red, amber and green, so once again you can get yourself organized quickly and easily.
- The app will let you know the total number of boxes that have been moved or received and therefore how many still remain. You can actually use this feature to list which boxes will be coming with you to your new home and which ones will be going into storage.
- The app is password protected so no-one gets to see a list of your valuables and belongings unless you choose to let them.
- The app will provide you with a weekly reminder to backup your inventories and lists.
- You have the ability to use the app via your PC and can still add and edit items from here.
- The app provides the ability to share your lists with friends and family via Facebook and email.
- You have the ability to save an unlimited number of lists to the app.
- The app will also have many pre-populated items that are typically found in homes, thus saving you from having to type up every single item.
The “Moving Planner” app can be found in the Lifestyle category of Google Play and will cost $0.99 to purchase and download. Your device will need to have an operating system of Android 1.5 and upwards.
- License: Image author owned
- License: Image author owned
The author of this post, Richard Dent, is a fitness enthusiast who works with Abacus Self Storage, a leading provider of a safe and secure environment to store your belongings. He plays baseball with his kids whenever he gets the time. To know more about his work, log on to http://www.abacusselfstorage.com/.Share this article on